Neuromodulators, or muscle relaxants such as Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin® are used strategically to relax certain muscles that convey a negative connotation, and to ‘wake up’ other muscles that convey a positive expression.
Botox® Cosmetic is the number one aesthetic procedure in the world, for no other reason than it works! Patients decide to get a muscle relaxant such as Botox® or Dysport® for a number of reasons. When using these muscle relaxers, there is usually no downtime associated with them, which means that no one has to know unless you choose to tell them. The results appear gradually and disappear gradually, making the results subtle, yet dramatic.
Here are some of the areas in which we use muscle relaxers at our practice.
- Horizontal Forehead Wrinkles
- Frown Lines
- Lateral Brow Lift
- Crow’s Feet
- Widening of the eyes
- Wrinkles in front of the ears
- Nasal Bunny lines
- Narrowing of the Nasal Flare
- Elevation of the Nasal Tip
- Gummy Smile
- Upper lip Vertical Lip Wrinkles
- Lip Volumizing
- Secondary Smile Lines (or cheek wrinkles)
- Mouth Frown (corners of the mouth that turn down)
- Minimize the Crease on the Chin
- Reduce the “Squaring” of the jaw, giving a thinner appearance to the face
- Jawline, giving an appearance of a ‘face lift’ ‘Nefertiti lift’
- “Dimpling” of the Chin
- “Wattle” under the neck
- Platysmal Bands on the Neck (addresses the laxity of the neck)
- Necklace Lines on the Neck
- Cleavage Wrinkles
- Severe Underarm/ hand/ head/ or foot Sweating
Who should I trust to administer Botox® Cosmetic?
Not all medical practitioners have been trained in all areas. Shopping around to find the most experience and ability in a practitioner that will give you the most personalized, and best results is vital with this cosmetic application. Make sure your practitioner is keeping up with the changes that occur daily in this field. Ask them which trainings they have completed in the last year. This is a dynamic field and it is critically necessary to keep abreast of all the most recent innovative techniques.